Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What Is The Private Equity & VC Compensation Report?
A. The Private Equity & VC Compensation Report is the world’s most comprehensive guide to salaries and compensation in the fields of private equity and venture capital.
The data in the report is organised into 46 tables and charts, and is based on a comprehensive annual survey of hundreds of partners and employees from several hundred private equity and venture capital firms.
Q. Who will get the most out of the Report?
A. There are two main groups of people who can benefit from the Report:
- PE and VC professionals seeking the most up to date information when negotiating their own salary and compensation packages.
- PE and VC firms looking to set benchmarks for compensation policies.
Q. How is your Report different from other compensation reports?
A. There are several sources for PE and VC compensation information. Here’s a short analysis as to what makes the Private Equity & VC Compensation Report different:
- Independent and impartial: compensation reports are sometimes offered by recruiters or others with an “agenda” other than sharing the most accurate, relevant and up to date information. Our sole purpose is to provide you with the most up to date and useful compensation data.
- Trusted sources: information in the Report is based on our survey of hundreds of partners and employees that represent several hundred private equity and venture capital firms. Some of the participating firms over the years include Bain Capital, Barclays Capital, BlackRock, Deutsche Bank, Qualcomm, RBS, Time Warner Investments and many others – a “who’s who” of PE and VC firms.
- Comprehensive: the Report doesn’t just provide information on cash salary benchmarks, but on all facets of compensation and job satisfaction including base and bonus compensation, fund performance and its impact on bonus levels, carried interest, job satisfaction, vacation days, job security and more.
- Up To Date: the Report is updated annually. The most recent Report is based on data collected in Q4.
- Value For Money: many other reports that offer a much narrower view, are offered for a higher price. At just $395, the Private Equity & VC Compensation Report provides a high-return investment for PE and VC professionals or firms seeking to understand current industry compensation norms and trends.
Q. What’s inside the Report?
A. The Report is organised into 46 sections, each containing relevant charts and graphs. A complete list of the different sections can be viewed in the Table Of Contents here. You can also access a Free Sample of the Report here, which shows how the Report is laid out and structured.
Q. Where are your customers based?
A. Most of our customers are based in North America (USA and Canada). We also have customers based in the UK, Hong Kong, Australia and other countries.
Q. Who’s behind PrivateEquityCompensation.com?
A. PrivateEquityCompensation.com is a division of Job Search Digest, a web-based career service catering to professionals in private equity, venture capital, and investment banking since 2002. Annually, the firm collects compensation data directly from hundreds of private equity and venture capital partners and employees from firms both large and small. The firm also publishes a blog on private equity and VC careers which can be found at www.InsideTheFirm.com